Monday, June 30, 2008

Slow day, slow week

Today marked the beginning of our (much-needed) mid-year week break at THOP, so we've slowed the pace down quite considerably, and are looking forward to 6 more days of the same. I don't think I got out of bed 'til 8:30 this morning; wasn't that just wonderful! I did manage, however, to find the motivation to go for a run and, more importantly, hang out 3 loads of laundry. The locals will understand the immense importance of this. I think that today and tomorrow are the only two days within a two week time frame that will be suitable for getting anything dry. By this time tomorrow, every laundry basket in this house will be emptied of dirty clothes, unfortunately only to pile up again during the coming days of rain, until the sun dares to appear again. Such is life in the middle of New Zealand winter. (Okay, Trena, don't even tell me how wonderful it is to be putting your wet laundry in the dryer....in the middle of summer!) I will not be homesick. I will not be homesick. I will not be homesick.

In other news, Aaron and I went out for dinner last night to this great restaurant, in celebration of his birthday and our anniversary. We'd never been there before, but the food was amazing and the atmosphere warm and inviting. We'd highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to eat out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, that I have learned to be okay with no dryer...but with that said...I'm not going to lie...I'm loving the dryer. :)