Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quick Update

Not much time to post now, but certainly enough to give a brief update on our time here so far.

CT was amazing.  It was just so wonderful to be with family and simply to be home.  We made tons of memories.  Highlights were 
  • Seeing my Grandma and celebrating Easter with her and my cousin and his family
  • Seeing my Grandfather a few times
  • A special early-birthday breakfast celebration for Taylor 
  • A visit to mom's grave with my dad and Taylor
  • Visiting a few friends that still remain in CT
  • Trips to the park (not often that the grandparents and aunty get to play with Tay at the park!)
  • Grandpa reading stories to Taylor (my dad is great at reading stories aloud)...basically just watching Taylor bond with Dad and Joanie was such a special treat. 
It was a difficult good-bye; I don't think goodbyes ever get easier, no matter how often it's done.

Now we're in Kansas City and looking forward to the week here, though I can already tell it will go by too fast.  Got lots on the agenda for the week; it's going to be a full one!  

And by the way, it must be mentioned that I have the best husband in the world that he would willingly send his wife and daughter away for almost 3 weeks, knowing how good this would be for my heart.  Thanks, honey ~ Taylor and I love you and miss you!

No comments: