Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Awake

It's 2:30 in the morning, and I am most definitely awake. I've had some pretty bad nights of sleep the last few nights, all manifesting in different ways. Tonight appears to be a bit of insomnia....how annoying!

So lying in my bed, trying to fall back asleep, my mind has wandered in all sorts of directions.....from the book of Revelation and eschatological events and the Man leading it all, to (a slightly less spiritual topic).....food. It all started as I randomly remembered this time when I was a kid and we went to New Hampshire for vacation. My parents had lived there at one time, and wanted to bring the family to their favorite sub-sandwich joint, called Moe's. I was only a kid, but I can still taste that sandwich to this day. It was hands-down the best sub I've ever eaten in my life. What's one to do when such a craving crosses the mind in the middle of the night? Nothing much that can be done but remember. So then I started thinking of a more realistic craving....which brought me to Subway and their veggie delight subs. Yum. A bit more realistic, but not at 2am. *sigh*. Of course, going back to sleep would be the best option by far, if only it were that easy.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Maybe God's preparing you for those 4am feedings? Maybe you could talk to Randy about that one...