Sunday, September 13, 2009

Been a Long Time

Yikes, it's been ages since I've posted! Though none of them qualify as good excuses, I do happen to have a few good reasons.

It's taken me way longer getting back on my feet after Samuel was born than I ever expected it would. I wish someone warned me that it's way harder going from one to two than from none to one! I was in for a bit of a surprise on that one! Of course, it didn't help that I ran into milk supply problems (ended up on a prescription drug to increase supply) and that our whole family got sick for a week (I'm still getting over it). But despite the bumps in the road, we're discovering that Samuel's got the most delightful personality ~ he basically just smiles at me all day long, and only cries if he's hungry. Today he giggled for the first time ~ and not just a little giggle, but a real good belly laugh! After 5 years of parenting, I'm certainly no expert ~ but this one thing I know: one of the best sounds on the earth is the sound of your children laughing. There's just nothing like it.

Taylor continues to adore her little brother ~ she just can't get enough cuddles with him! It's so fun to see her loving on him; she's a great big sister.

I have yet to master the art of snapping the photo when our little guy is smiling, but these ones are cute nonetheless. Enjoy!








No comments: