Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter Egg Fun and All That Jazz


Yesterday I decided to dye and decorate Easter eggs with Taylor ~ something which, believe it or not, I've actually never even done myself. Not even as a kid. I remember decorating Easter eggs once with my mom one year, but for some reason we didn't do the dye thing. So I decided to give it a go this year, and it was a raging success. I'm actually not sure who had more fun ~ Taylor or myself. Here's some pics of the fun:














Then, this afternoon, Dayna and I headed into town for a few hours to enjoy the annual Jazz festival. And enjoy we did! There were multiple stages set up with multiple bands playing ~ basically there was live music everywhere you looked. Our favorite band was a group of 7 guys who were absolutely awesome ~ 2 saxaphones, a trombone, piano, electric guitar, bass, drums, and 5 of the guys sang. Not only did they have definite talent, but they had great stage presence ~ the importance of which can never be underestimated when it comes to live performance. We must have stood there and listened to them for at least an hour ~ they were fantastic! There's just something about good live music that does something for the soul. And as a musician, I love listening to and being inspired by different genres of music. Definitely one of the most fun events I've been to in a while.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

Hey Kristi, looks like you had some fun with the eggs. Question - where did you get the white eggs? All I ever find is brown shells. I haven't really seen white eggs since I was in the States 2 years ago.