Monday, November 24, 2008

Finally...

...feeling better! The flu is long gone, and I've had 3 good days in a row with no morning sickness, either. Yippie! This is what we like. Although I'm not nauseous, I still don't feel myself yet ~ physically or emotionally. These hormones sure do have a funny way of changing everything. I'm counting the weeks until that (supposedly) glorious 2nd trimester when (everyone tells me that) I will (supposedly) feel more like myself again. I sure hope "everyone" is right.

In other pregnancy news, I had my first ultrasound on Friday. We got to see the baby's heartbeat and even got to see his/her spine ~ which at only 8 weeks, I wasn't expecting to see, but was pretty fun nonetheless. Everything checks out fine so far, with a estimated due date of July 1st. I am already counting the weeks. Some women just love being pregnant; I am not one of them.


I did take Taylor to a friend's birthday party on Saturday ~ the first party invitation from one of her pre-school friends. She was so excited to be invited to the party, and with several other moms there who I've gotten to know over the last several months, we both had a really good time.
Not too much in the line of other news, as it's been pretty quiet around here as I've been focused on recovering from the tummy bug, and then attending to all the details of life that went unattended while I was sick, such as grocery shopping and cleaning the house, laundry, and all that. Tomorrow is back into the normal routine ~ off to the prayer room in the morning.

1 comment:

marciisaacs said...

How exciting to see your baby for the first time! Is Taylor excited about being a big sister?