Saturday, February 21, 2009

Weekend happenings

Well, the fiascoes of Thursday have gone as quickly as they came. Strange how one day can be so hard (physically speaking) and the very next can be so normal. One thing I did discover, though, (while not being able to keep down water) is how much I am enjoying lemon-lime Powerade right now (Just like Gatorade, for my American readers). I mean, I've never really minded drinking the stuff, but I don't think it's ever tasted so good in my life. If it wasn't almost NZ$3 for a small bottle, I'd probably be drinking it all day, every day.

Aaron is home today after a weekend of meetings in Auckland. As always, it's good to have him home after he's been traveling; though fortunately this was just a short trip ~ way better than those long international 2-week-plus trips!

3 comments:

Steve Wanless said...

I drank powerade during both my pregnancies! I was just like you, I would have constantly had it at my mouth if it weren't so expensive, so I'd nurse them slowly...they were amazing and heavenly!!! The only thing that would make me feel better when I was sick! Trena

Kristi Walsh said...

If only we had the cheap powder-mix here that they have in America.....

Glad there's someone out there who understands my strange food and drink desires these days!

Esther Irwin said...

I saw powerade powder the other day, but i don't remember where. it just struck me as being weird to see it. I think it was at the New World in Tauranga, come to think of it. might check. Terry's in the States & might bring back a can of the Gaterade. He likes it for biking.