Sunday, April 09, 2006

Went to town today

Went into town today with Nic and Taylor. We had lots of fun walking around and checking out the shops - at least, the ones that were open. Found a great kids' clothes store that has good clothes and reasonable prices - and a very helpful employee who told me that the whole store was going on sale tomorrow. I think I know what we'll be doing tomorrow morning - good thing it's our day off! We also went to the library, and I now have a library card. Kinda makes me feel a bit more like I live here. I was very impressed with the library - way better than any of the ones I found in Kansas City.

This week promises to be fun. We have a guest speaker coming to teach class on Tuesday and Wednesday - a friend of ours who we met in Auckland several years ago who used to be a Trappist monk before he met his present wife! He is a deep well, especially when it comes to the topics of contemplative prayer and church history. I'm really looking forward to hearing him teach. It seems that the Lord has been emphasizing the subject of contemplative prayer recently......

Thursday begins our first day of a week-long break for Easter. We'll be flying down to Wellington to spend a few days with some very good friends of ours. It will be so much fun to see them again, as well as to get out of town for a bit and have a bit of a 'holiday'.

No comments: