Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bullet Points
  • Tonight is daylight savings. Though I love the thought of one more hour of sunlight in the evenings, the immediate price of losing an hour of sleep tonight is quite disheartening. Especially since I am quite tired.
  • This weekend is full for us. After a late night last night, a pre-7am rising (thanks to my precious daughter), grocery shopping this morning, and a meeting this afternoon, I am tired. Tomorrow Aaron preaches all 3 services at church, and I will lead ministry time with some of the THOP guys for the evening service.
  • Friday marked the last day of the school term for Taylor. For the sake of my American readers, the school year here begins in February, and is then divided into 4 ten-week terms, with 2 weeks of "school holidays" between each term (and 6 weeks summer vacation over Christmas). So, Monday starts 2 weeks of school holidays. I look forward to the opportunity to have Taylor home with us all day every day, especially since our THOP mid-internship break falls in the second week of school holidays, so we'll all have a week off together. I can't wait!
  • Taylor's social life is thriving. We have a play date scheduled for Monday with one of our ywam/thop friends, and we also had a lunch play date after pre-school yesterday with one of her favorite friends from pre-school, whose mom I also really like. I've really enjoyed forming friendships with the other moms, many of whom will be part of our life for years to come as our children will progress through school together.

Nothing much else terribly exciting for now. Time to get ready for bed, especially since it really is an hour later than the clock says it is.....

No comments: