Saturday, September 20, 2008

New Bible

After 13 years, multiple layers of duct tape on the cover and binding, and scotch tape holding together many riped pages, I've decided that it was time to purchase a new Bible. I seriously thought about getting my old one re-bound (an idea which, I must confess, I still haven't entirely thrown out), but after scoring a deal at the local Christian bookstore (NZ$80 for a genuine leather Bible that's exactly the same as the one I've already got ~ even the chapters and verses are in the same place on each page), well, I've got myself a new Bible. As familiar as it seems, it still is quite new and strange, but seeing as how I can actually now read the book of Revelation, I'm thinking its good that I have a new one. I guess it will take a bit of time to 'break it in', but its worth it. And my old Bible will forever have the place of honor on our bookshelf. It feels like that Book contains within it the last 13 years of my history and journey in God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats... impressive... i rocked around with my 'Psalty Kids Bible' for 7 years... then I got some branded teen bible when I was 13, it didn't work so I've been through a succession of bibles in the last years as I found one which was great and small but impossible to use when teaching on internship, another was big and hefty... I like my current one though... :)