Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Like a kid again

Wow. How is it possible that it's been over a week since I've posted? The days are just disappearing, and ending as quickly as they begin. Never mind the fact that it's already September. What is that about?!

So yesterday I decided that it was a great day to take advantage of the spring air and warm(er) sun. I decided to forgo my usual Monday run, opting instead to put Taylor in the stroller and go for a lengthy walk with her ~ with a stop at the duck pond and the park on our way home. It was great fun. Good to get out and enjoy the fresh air of spring. And enjoy some good time with Taylor. The ducks were pitifully not hungry, though they managed to humor us and dutifully eat our old crusty bread, much to Taylor's amusement and delight. My personal highlight of the walk, though, was definitely the park. The swings, to be exact. It's been a long, long time since I've done this, but I decided to hop on the swing while Taylor was playing, and really swing for real, not just sit there. Now, there's just something about soaring high into the sky on a swing that's good for the soul. It brings with it a sense of freedom, childlike-ness, carefree-ness, innocence, pure fun, and satisfaction. Like all the troubles of the world melt away with each propulsion into the air. I think I could have stayed on that swing for a whole lot longer than I did, if it weren't for Taylor's requests for help on the climbing ropes. To be honest, I'm not sure who had more fun on that day: Taylor or I. But I think the bigger girl would be a safe bet.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

We went camping a year or so ago and there were some super tall swings there. I got to swinging super high and I just about passed out! I got so nauseated! I blame it on having given birth and messed up my hormones, but I think it's just age. :-) Even on the lower swings my tummy flip flops when I swing high. :-)

Glad you guys had so much fun!