Saturday, August 23, 2008

Our week in pictures

We've returned to the tropical north after a wonderful week in Oxford. The faintest whispers of spring are in the air as the temperatures are slightly rising, the magnolia trees and a few other early flowers are blooming, and the sun is shining later in the day. Before we know it, summer will be upon us.

But before I get too ahead of myself, I still have the opportunity to relish the joys of winter, especially in regards to our week down south. Unfortunately, we narrowly missed a band of snow that was moving up the east coast of the island, although there were two short snow showers that I managed to see on the day before my birthday ~ they only lasted a few minutes each, but it was enough that I did get to witness snow falling from the sky. I must say, it's strange to associate snow with my birthday, seeing as how I spent 25 years of my life enjoying summer birthdays. No weather even close to resembling summer in Oxford, though! It was cold, cold, cold there! As much as I wasn't impressed walking through freezing hallways to take Taylor potty in the middle of the night (we slept with the heaters on, so at least our bedrooms were warm!), during the day I loved the fact that it was cold outside and we were warm and cozy by the fire inside. Although it wasn't near as cold as winters that I'm used to back in the States, it was way colder than Tauranga winter, and it reminded me so much of home. I loved it!

So anyways, here are some pictures from Oxford:

There was a park that Taylor loved playing at. She especially enjoyed going down the big slide!

There were huge trees at the park, and Taylor wanted to pose next to one. Sure is a big tree compared to the little girl!




The snow on the mountains was beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi, kristi! i so enjoyed your pictures. i have to say, my eyes have never seen such a HUGE slide! wow. my girls would have never wanted to get off.
did it wind up snowing for you? i hope so. all the kisses from jesus you can possibly hold inside.
i just have to say that i love your heart in your blogs. i hear the heart of a sojourner, filled with such a tangeable love for Jesus, His purposes, and yet not detached from the sometimes painful process of BEING a sojourner, and all that is entailing for you and your family. your heart has such a pleasant aroma of yieldedness to His love and your precious family.
i know that's random, but i just had to say it.
i look up to you and respect you for your journey, that i know so little about, but even in your blogs, it's MORE than prevalent.
you're doing it, kristi, and encouraging my heart to do the same.
hugs :0D,
carrie G.