Sunday, August 17, 2008

Keeping the home fires burning

Quite literally. We've been enjoying the wood burning stove all day today, thanks to Aaron. There's nothing like a fire that says "Warm and cozy". Did I mention that it's cold here? Probably the coldest I've ever felt in New Zealand. I love being warm and cozy inside while it's freezing outside; it's just like home! There's even some snow in the forecast for the region for this week, but who knows if it will actually snow here in Oxford. I'm holding my breath, though trying not to get too excited. But I would be perhaps the happiest girl in New Zealand if I woke up one morning to world blanketed in white. Or if it was snowing after nightfall and I got to go for a walk in a winter wonderland. It would be even better if that happened on my birthday, which happens to be on Tuesday. Oh, how it would remind me of home! But I'm not getting my hopes up. Really, I'm not.

Taylor and I drove to the airport in Christchurch to pick up Aaron this morning. It's great to have him here with us! We've enjoyed a quiet, low-key day as a family watching the olympics, playing with Taylor, and basically just relaxing. Off to go start making dinner!

1 comment:

Karina Anderson said...

I hear there's snow falling down your way - did you get some in Oxford? Happy Birthday Kristi!