Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Zealand is now a better place

I've been waiting for this day for a long, long time. Since January 27, 2006, to be exact.

I was in the grocery store today, and what did I happen to see in the freezer, but Mint Cookie Crunch ice cream?? Think Mint chocolate chip, but instead of chocolate chips, add crushed Oreos. Like unto Sheridan's Frozen Custard "Grant's Grasshopper". Yum!!

You see, up until today, there was no such thing as mint chocolate chip ice cream in the grocery stores in New Zealand. (Actually, there's only once ice cream parlor in town that sells it.) It just isn't a common flavor here. Which is a great disappointment to all of us Americans who love mint chocolate chip.

Fortunately, there's now one less item on my hypothetical list of things that I can only enjoy in America.

No comments: