Saturday, October 10, 2009

Perspective

A good friend sent me a link to this blog yesterday, and I'd highly recommend a read. I do not know these people, and know nothing more about them than what I read in a few posts. But I found it to be an uplifting story; not because of the joys of wonderful events, but because of a heart that's chosen to remain un-offended in the midst of tragic events. But I must also warn you that it's a "tear-jerker"; I'm glad I read it alone at 11pm last night, because I wept as I read it. And I don't mean just a few tears in the eyes. (Which I must confess is more of an indication of my own brokenness and hidden fears than a reflection of a great heart of compassion). But if you have a few quiet moments, I'd encourage you to go have a read. If nothing else, it will provide an eternal perspective, lifting us out of our own myopic existence and allowing us to be perhaps just a little bit more grateful for today.

No comments: