Wednesday, December 19, 2007

And it snowed....

It was snowing in Spokane before we got here, there were snow flurries as we were landing, and we woke up this morning to more snow flurries. With 5 inches of snow on the ground, I might just perhaps be the happiest girl in America this morning. It's amazing here and I'm so, so thankful to be here. Can't wait to play in the snow with Taylor!

The trip here was great. A long 26 hours, to be sure, but this may have been the easiest trip we've done yet. Taylor was absolutely incredible ~ no meltdowns, no attitudes. She was happy and pleasant for 26 hour straight. At 10:30 this morning, she is still fast asleep ~ one tired girl, to be sure.

Christmas music playing, snow falling, cold outside.....I seriously couldn't be happier. It's gonna be a great month.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh...why must you torture me so...in my hometown...snow falling...
...just joking, if it can't be me enjoying it, I'm glad you can!!! :)

Esther Irwin said...

Hey Kristi, we went on the Tongawera crossing yesterday and found snow!! Sam made a small snowman and took a picture of it. We went through rain, sleet, hail and sunshine, all in 8 hours of walking. It was great. So glad you are having a good time in the States. You missed the earthquake, tho.