Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Other highlights from the Sydney trip
  • Some tastes from America. We went to Outback steakhouse one evening, and I was also pleasantly surprised to discover that Lipton iced tea is as common in Sydney as it is in America. I've decided once again that Australia seems to be a combination of the USA and New Zealand. I've loved the little reminders of home!
  • Sleep-ins and afternoon naps the past couple days. It's been so fun to be able to relax, read magazines, and not have to worry about making dinner, cleaning the house, doing the laundry, and all the other aspects of normal life. This week has been such a treat!
  • Meeting some of Aaron's friends from back in the day. He's got 2 mates from Hawke's Bay who are now on staff at Hillsong. We went out for lunch with one of them the other day, and tonight we're all going to go out for Thai food. It's great to hear stories of the days long ago!

Tomorrow morning we head back home. Even though I'm not quite sure I'm ready for vacation to end, I can't wait to see Taylor!

No comments: