Tuesday, May 06, 2008

First Day at Pre-School

Taylor's day was a grande success. Of course, it does help that mom stayed with her for most of the morning to help her adjust to the new environment, people, and routine. But, by the time I did manage to leave, Taylor was happy to let me go, and completely un-impressed with my return at the end of the day (which, by the way, is a very good thing!). She even confidently announced to me that she wasn't ready to go home. I'd say that's a great sign! As it turned out, she knew one of the little girls in her group from a play center that we occasionally attended several months ago, and one of the girls she met when we visited the pre-school was also there, so it was nice for her to recognize a few familiar faces. No pre-school on Wednesdays, so tomorrow we get the morning at home; we'll see how things go Thursday and Friday.

Here's her "first day of pre-school picture", my little baby, all grown up. For some reason, she wanted her ball in the picture with her, even though we left it at home. Silly girl! :-)

No comments: