Saturday, May 31, 2008

Recap of the week

It is just about bedtime, but before I call it a day, I am enjoying the silence of my house, the smell of my imported Vanilla Caramel Yankee Candle, and a few moments to reflect on the week gone by. I've had many meetings this week with various girls from our community, which have been a good chance for me to re-connect with them on a heart level. I have certainly been challenged, encouraged, mystified, and forced to lean into the great Leader of the ages for a new sense of wisdom, strength, creative ideas, clarity, and discernment. That's not always an easy place to be in, but I know enough to know that it's a good place to be in.

The other aspects of my week have been good, too. Taylor has done amazing at pre-school! I think it's safe to say that we're well past the stage of 'tears when saying goodbye', which is absolutely wonderful. She's adjusted well, really enjoys it, speaks positively about it at home and is eager to go in the mornings. I can already see such growth in her confidence, especially when it comes to making friends. She has really fit in well, and it seems to be a good bunch of little girls for her to be building relationships with. Speaking of building relationships, I have really enjoyed getting to know the other moms in the 'drop off' and 'pick up' times. There are already a few coffee dates/play dates that have been discussed, which I am really looking forward to. I guess on the front end I was a little unsure what that dimension of the 'pre-school experience' would be like, but I have genuinely enjoyed the brief conversations I've had with so many of the moms, and I'm really looking forward to getting to know them better. I think I'm discovering that it's nice to have a circle of friends in which I relate not as a "leader", but just as a normal person and another mom. Not to mention the fact that many of these girls will be Taylor's peers throughout the coming years of her school experience, so it's nice to begin establishing relationships with their moms now; relationships that very well may carry on for the years to come.

And in between all that, I even managed to go running a couple times (oh, I still do miss going up the mount!), enjoy great times with Taylor, keep up on the laundry and grocery shopping and such, and find a little "me" time, as well. If I can manage a bit of time for ironing, vacuuming, and a quick tidy of the house tomorrow, I think I'll be off to a good start for the week.

Too late to worry about all that now. Time for bed. 'Night!

No comments: