Sunday, May 25, 2008

The start of yet another week

Does anyone else feel like time in just whizzing by? Seriously, how in the world is it already the 25th of May?!

This week promises to be full and quiet all at the same time. I already have 3 one-on-ones lined up with various ladies from our community, a night out at another friend's house....and not to mention the usual schedule at the prayer room. And it's only Sunday night. Who knows what the rest of the week will bring. As for the "quiet" part of the week, I'm looking forward to many long evenings with candles lit and commentaries out and the opportunity for some good, solid Bible study. With so much travel last month and then Taylor starting pre-school, having a birthday, etc. etc. etc. , life has gotten away from me and I've had to re-establish my routine of spending consistent time with the Lord. Either I'm turing into a heathen and my human weakness is showing itself more, or I am simply growing more honest with myself, but as the months and years go by, I'm more and more amazed how apparent it is when I don't spend consistent time in the Word and in prayer (and also how quickly my capacity for Him shrinks). I suppose that only goes to show how completely barren we are and how utterly helpless we are to live the way He desires us to, in our own strength. Good thing He doesn't ask us to.

No comments: