Sunday, June 04, 2006

Ahhh, the weekend....

...the glorious weekend. We sure have needed this one. All three of us took naps yesterday. (Seriously, I think there is much that one can learn from the life of a two-year-old. Take a nap every day. Eat fruit or veggies at every meal - and for snacks in-between. Remember to share and use good manners and not be self-centered. Don't complain when you have to do things that you don't want to. The list could go on.) Anyways, I did nothing all afternoon yesterday, after my morning at the prayer room. My big event of the evening was making a grocery list. That was yesterday. Today? A sleep-in until 8am! Taylor didn't wake up until 7:30, and Aaron got her up and got her breakfast so I could sleep. (Now that's a great way to start the day! Thanks, hon.) And the big event of today today was grocery shopping. Needless to day, it's been pretty low-key around here over the weekend. And we've needed every minute of the down-time. The best part is that our weekend continues tomorrow. (Because we do the prayer room on Saturday, or weekend 'round here is Sunday and Monday. We love it.) Monday could perhaps be the best day of the week to have off.

Now, lest I give you the impression that this is all we do all the time, let me assure you that our weeks are quite the contraire. Prayer meetings, class, preparation for teaching, admin work, meeting with interns.....not to mention keeping everything around the house in working order. This is why weekends such as these are so glorious....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you ever read the poem "All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten"? It says lots about the napping, sharing, eating healthy stuff.

Kristi Walsh said...

yeah - love that poem!