Friday, June 23, 2006

Taylor's not feeling too well.

Taylor woke up sick last night. Fortunately, it wasn't the tummy-type sick. It was just the runny-stuffed-up-nose-type of sick. But she felt pretty miserable all day today. She wasn't grumpy, just really cuddly and quiet. (Can't complain about that!) She was sitting on the couch reading books this morning while I was washing the dishes. I checked on her a few minutes later when it became a bit too quiet, and my suspicions were confirmed - she was fast asleep. That's when I knew she was sick. She never does that. And then she took a 2+ hour nap, and then was in bed before 7:30. Poor little girl. Hopefully a good night of sleep and several more doses of imported children's Tylenol cough and cold will find her feeling better before too long.



And now for a really random thought, I made a chicken-cranberry-onion-Camembert pizza for dinner tonight, after being inspired by Candice while away last weekend in Taupo. We all really enjoyed it - I think it will definitely become a regular around here. Funny how moving to a different country makes you try lots of new things. With no decent pepperoni or Italian sausage here (at least, if it's here, I haven't found it yet....), one is forced to get a bit gourmet when it comes to pizzas. Apparently that's not such a bad thing.

5 comments:

Marci Lewellen said...

Ahhhh... she is so cute.

Sarah said...

Oh, Taylor is so precious in that picture. Praying that she is feeling well QUICKLY.
And the pizza sounds delicious. I may be inspired to try some funky-gourmet pizzas around here.

Randy Bohlender said...

That is the girliest pizza recipe I've ever heard of. Please tell me my friend, Aaron, did not partake!

Kristi Walsh said...

Actually, Aaron absolutely loved the pizza - and begged me to make it a regular. I betchya you'd love it too......

Anonymous said...

How about fish pizza? (since you have such an abundance from the sea)PW