Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Independence Day

The 4th of July lives on.....though we're on the other side of the world, though it is the middle of winter. We had a small little 4th of July party yesterday - thanks to a few care package goodies!



And of course, I made a red, white, and blue dessert in honor of the American holiday.



Did I miss those yummy cookouts with burgers and hot dogs and baked beans and potato salad and dill pickles and fireworks? Absolutely. But hey, we did the best we could with what we've got.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristi,

I thought of you on the 4th although we didn't call!

you are so creative! i love your dessert with flag. how did you explain it to taylor?

what a great idea for a care package!
my thought for the day was: He whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

shalom
joanie

marciisaacs said...

Hey Kristi! Last year I was in Honduras on the 4th...it's kinda strange not being in the U.S. Glad you made the most of it!
-Marci

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Grayson was singing "The Star Spangled Banner" today with his British friend Joshua in the car. Josh looked at him and asked, 'What is that you are singing'? It's probably good to grow up a bit multi-culturally! Foreign to me, but good for my kids and for yours too! love you guys!