Friday, July 21, 2006

Time for me to fess up

So, I have a little confession to make. In a previous post in which I recapped the events of our packing week and made excuses for a notable absence of posts, I mentioned (in reference to the events of that week) that "you didn't miss much". Well, that wasn't entirely true. You all actually missed something quite huge, but I wasn't able to disclose this secret to the world because I needed to make a few overseas phone calls and tell some people "in person" first. No, I am not pregnant.

Taylor and I are going home for 3 weeks! Aaron totally surprised me - bought the tickets and everything - and I didn't have a clue! I was so excited when he told me that I started crying - I was totally un-done. I guess the best way to explain it is that in the midst of missing home, you just can't let your heart 'go there' to a certain level. And then when someone tells you that you'll be able to experience that which you have been longing for but telling yourself you can't have.....that is enough to bring the tears. And then Aaron even got my parents in on the whole plan, and arranged for us to fly up to CT for a week, too, so we can see them. How awesome is that??!! It will be so much fun for both sets of Taylor's grandparents to be able to see her and spend time with her, and not miss out on this phase of her growing up. Oh, I can't wait to see family, friends, go shopping, go to baseball games, eat all the yummy food I miss and just be in America. Amongst Americans. Yeah!! The only bad part is that Aaron won't be able to come with us, as he has to hold down the fort (i.e. lead an internship) here.

Thank you, honey. This is a true gift which I don't take lightly. You're the best.

5 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

hey Kristi, how wonderful for you to go back and visit. Graham told me, so I didn't bring anything back for you, like the coffee, etc. I figured you could get what you wanted when you came over. I kinda ran out of room in my suitcase, anyways!! So when are the dates you are going?

Kelsey Bohlender said...

So when you get here we need to go to NBC and Teadrops and Coldstone and an Aveda salon and Dunn Brothers and the goosey-goosey park and Dean and Deluca and The Cheescake Factory and Bloue Koi and GAP and Gymboree and Janie and Jack and.....wait a second you will only be here 3 weeks. Ah, well, even if we just grab Higher Grounds at least we can SEE YOU!! Can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

Now that you can "let your mind go there", how many times have you made the trip in just this last week?

Marci Lewellen said...

That is really a perfect gift!! I can't wait to hug you!

Robert, Inga, Hannah, Isaac & Lily said...

Good on you Aaron. What a gift!