Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving today was an absolute success! This is the first year ever that the responsibility of producing the turkey rested solely on my shoulders; and although the turkey was admittedly a slight bit overcooked, it sure wasn't bad. It was so fun to make (and eat!) all the other side dishes, too - stuffing and mashed potatoes and gravy and broccoli casserole and sweet potato casserole and the cranberry sauce.....and the pies for dessert. It's quite a sense of accomplishment to produce a Thanksgiving meal in another country; even better to share it with such good friends from home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Happy Thanksgiving! I know how you feel, this was the first time I ever did it all by myself as well! My Grandma made it look so easy! :)
Hope you guys are doing well! Love to all!