Sunday, April 29, 2007

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I have just spent the last hour sprawled out on our couch, surfing the 'net while Taylor is sleeping. I can't remember the last time I did that. I'm coming to the realization that many times this is a profound waste of time. Some days, though (like today), it feels really good to engage in some sort of mindless activity. Nevermind all the other more profitable things I could have done in the last 60 minutes.

Taylor and I took Aaron to the airport this afternoon. As much as I miss not having him around when he's on the road, I have to admit that there is one aspect of life that I always look forward to when he's gone: cooking meals that I like and he doesn't! Aaron's not much of a soup/stew kinda guy, so in a few days, I'm going to whip up some beef stew, and if I'm really feeling ambitious, try my hand at making french bread. Of course, it would be much easier to run up to the store and buy a loaf for $2, but what is easiest is not always best. My childhood memories of my Dad's homemade french bread are inspiring me. Crusty on the outside, soft on the inside.....yum.

1 comment:

Song said...

It's funny that you're already finished with your lazy Sunday afternoon. I still have to get ready for church, then we'll come home and have our own lazy session! Timezones are so weird... So, I thought you might like to know that we are having another baby! Perhaps someday we can introduce ourselves to one another in person and our kids can play? Who knows. In the millenium for sure! Bless you, Kristi!