Monday, December 18, 2006

Big Happenings

Lots has transpired since I wrote last....guess I'm well overdue for an update. The first exciting event was the internship graduation. On Friday night we celebrated the completion of yet another season in the lives of the five interns, as well as in the lives of our growing spiritual family here. It's hard to believe that not just one, but two, internships have come and gone. Even harder to believe that the first year of the Tauranga House of Prayer has come to a close. We had a great evening celebration here at our house - thankfully the weather was good (albeit cold once the sun went down), so we were able to have a short program outside. Now that the prayer room is closed for the month, we're really looking forward to a good break!


Dave Cole Speaking at Graduation

Saturday morning the whole family went to the mount - Nic and I went up, and Taylor and Aaron walked around. We enjoyed a nice breakfast at one of the local cafes that is situated right on the water. It was definitely the right way to start our time off!

The last couple days have been cold and rainy - good baking days! Yesterday I made some St. Lucia buns - a Swedish favorite.



Today - despite the rain - I decided to go up the mount again. Good choice - I went up without stopping once - although I wans't liking the rain one bit. I think I'll have to wait for it to dry out a bit before I venture back up.

But the biggest news of all today was Taylor's success at potty training - for the first time ever she peed in the potty! Yeah! She was pretty proud of herself, as we all were, of course. Hopefully the positive trend will continue tomorrow! :-)

No comments: