Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas

I have just made myself a cup of (American) hot chocolate with (American) marshmallows.....not because it's cold outside, but because I'm pretending it is. And I'm about to dive into the stash of Christmas cookies, not because I'm hungry, but because it somehow seems that it should be tradition.

I've just put up the Christmas tree and dug the decorations out of the box that I dragged inside only a week ago. But today (or at least, in this moment), I am conquering Scrooge, and the house is beginning to look a bit festive. Taylor had so much fun helping - she was really getting into it! And for that reason, it's all worth it.

Now that the sun has set and darkness has settled in, it's a bit easier to imagine that it's cold outside....maybe even snowing....and that when we wake up in the morning, the world awaiting us will be blanketed in white. Well, that might be pushing it a bit....but it's a nice thought while it lasts.

Time to go work on a song list....tomorrow is our last day in the prayer room until mid-January, and I'm leading intercession at 10am.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

I thought you looked pretty good yesterday. Oh that I could look that good with a cold! Glad you are feeling better.