Sunday, January 07, 2007

Down-time

Aaron left today for a week of ministry, planning and strategic meetings with key leaders in the land, and some time for personal retreat in the midst of it all. So, with Nic also away, that leaves Taylor and I holding down the fort at home. As much fun as we've had the last couple months with family and friends here with us, I have to admit that a quiet house and lots of down time is good for my soul. I've always been an introvert - one of those people who gets re-energized by having time alone, rather than having time with people. The only trouble is that I'm not yet very good at carving out alone time when I'm in the midst of lots of people. Which means that often I can get burned out when I'm not diligent to maintain that quiet space in my life. Which I haven't been for the last several weeks. Which means that I'm really looking forward to finding my life in God again this week and having lots of solitude (if naptime and after bedtime can be considered "lots").

That is, of course, assuming that I can resist the temptation to begin season 3 of 24. So far, so good. But I'm only one day into this. I really hope that I have the self-control to resist giving in. I have a feeling that indulging in the temptation will only serve to sabotage my own "personal retreat" plans. Now that I've told you, I guess that means I'm accountable.

I'm also really looking forward to having lots of mommy-daughter time, too. Taylor and I had lots of fun today, and if today is any indication of what the rest of the week will be, we're in for a good one.

No comments: