Sunday, January 28, 2007

A little background music

This evening we get the privilege of eavesdropping on an outdoor rock concert - the Eagles, Neil Diamond, and the Beeges Tribute bands - courtesy of our next door neighbors. Never know what's going to happen next around here. A few months back, our other neighbors put on quite the fireworks display. Too bad Aaron and I were in Auckland for that night.....but we heard all about it from Taylor when we came home. No doubt you've heard the story from Taylor yourself, if you've spent more than 5 minutes with her in the last few months! :-)

So anyways, it's a beautiful summer evening, the windows are open, there's a cool breeze blowing in, and we're 3 hours into the concert with who knows how much longer to go....but Taylor is now asleep, which is all that matters in my world. I think I might just put my feet up, pull out a book, and enjoy the music. Not a bad way to spend a Sunday night. So what am I reading these days? Glad you asked. This evening's book of choice is The Leadership Challenge, by Kouzed and Posner. If there's one thing I've learned this past year, it's that whether I like it or not, I'm now a leader. And I better do all that I can to learn how to be a good one.

4 comments:

Randy Bohlender said...

The Leadership Challenge ROCKS. We did it as a group at the Vineyard. It was wonderfully irritating and caused me to make a number of adjustments. I need to reread it...

Marci Lewellen said...

I love that book...

Randy Bohlender said...

Marci - ha! - I forgot! You must have been in that group!

Kristi Walsh said...

Randy, "Wonderfully irritating" is a great discription of that book. I'm learning a lot (or, at least, trying to). I think I need to read it one time for information, and then re-read it with application in mind. Wow.