Saturday, January 06, 2007

Driver's License Dramas

I went yesterday to get my New Zealand driver's license - what I thought would only be sitting the written test and walking away with a new license. I aced the test, by the way, but I couldn't have been more wrong about leaving the building with license in hand.

Why, oh why doesn't Missouri print the issue date of the license on the license itself? I now have to jump through numerous hoops to prove to New Zealand that I've had my U.S. license for more than 2 years, so I don't have to sit the practical test. I won't mention the fact that (of course) there are deadlines and other complications I'm facing, which doesn't make this any more fun.

Pray for favor.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

I had the spirit of stupidness when I did mine back when it was a lifetime license!! I had to do it twice on the test and then a practical on top. Two years later they decided to have photos on the licenses and renew every 10 years. But that was the year before I turned 45 and so I had to renew it a year later and my eye test was pretty weird, so I finally shut one eye and took it so I could just pass and DRIVE!! Samantha is trying to learn how to drive now. She got up the driveway yesterday which was a major accomplishment and got through 1st gear successfully 3 times.