Sunday, January 14, 2007

My latest take on life is.....

It's been quite a while since I've written something thought-provoking (yea, profound) on this blog. I'm thinking that it's high time for me to whip out my lastest revelation or my newest thoughts on matter xyz.....trouble is, I haven't had too many of either lately. So, you, my readers, will have to be stuck with reading the daily events of life until inspiration strikes again. Maybe this is what 'holiday' does to you......

It's time to get back in the saddle soon, though. The prayer room starts up again at 8am Tuesday morning - which means only one more sleep-in day for Kristi Walsh before then. (If sleeping in really can occur when one is the mother of a two year old, that is.) My flesh is rebelling against the thought of getting back into the routine again (Part of me thinks that I need a couple more weeks off......more 24 please!), but my spirit knows that it's time to stir up my soul and engage my heart again.....in the sort of way that best happens in the regular routine of prayer room time and study time. Enough is enough.

So, moving on to the details of life, my hubby is finally home - yeah! He actually got home Friday night instead of Saturday morning, miracously catching one of the last flights off of the island before the weather turned lousy. If he didn't get out Friday night, he could still be there now, waiting for the weather to clear. (You have to remember that this is New Zealand we're talking about, and the plane he was on only seats 6. It seems that if the weather is slightly worse than light rain, those babies can't fly). Sure glad he made it outta there when he did!

We had a full house this past weekend - our good friends from Wellington came up for a visit, which we both really enjoyed. It's always good catching up with people you haven't seen for 9 months! Taylor had a great time, too - she's turning into quite the little hostess, learning how to share her toys and help in the kitchen, and make sure everyone is taken care of to the highest degree. She makes her mama proud!

Tomorrow I (finally) get to send away my permanent residence application - yeah! There's really no reason I shouldn't get it....hopefully there will be no complications or delays on this one, though. Speaking of which, the driver's license drama is getting sorted, although it will probably take the better part of the month before everything is finalized. Who ever knew that faxing information containing the issue date of my driver's license could be so complicated?!

That's all for now, folks. Time to head off to bed.

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

yea, Kristi!! We want you to be permanent in NZ!! Are you going for citizenship after that? I'm supposed to be applying for that but have drug my feet on it. They want too much information. I can't remember it all.

Kristi Walsh said...

Nope....don't think I'll go for citizenship. At this point, there's really no need to. More to the point, I couldn't be bothered with more paperwork. I'm content to remain a citizen of the good 'ole US of A!