Thursday, October 18, 2007

The ministry of intercession

I thoroughly enjoyed my morning in the prayer room. Most days, I find intercession prayer meetings to be work, and I leave tired and feeling drained. Today, however, was one of those prayer meetings that left my spirit feeling alive and invigorated and in love. It's a wonderful thing to leave a prayer meeting feeling like that. During the prayer meeting, I was struck with the glory of the ministry of intercession. We get to stand in a room with a company of people, and say back to God what He tells us to say to Him, and somehow He moves, angels and demons shift, and things happen on the earth. It really is glorious that we serve a God who has chosen to not act in a vacuum, but to move and act in partnership with His people. Maybe, just maybe, today there was a young woman in our city who decided against having an abortion and a tiny baby will have the opportunity to live. Maybe today there was a believer in our city who was given an extra measure of strength and might in their spirit. Maybe today, somewhere in our city, there was a little boy or girl who was saved from the evil of child abuse. Oh, the priviledge and honor to lift our voice on behalf of those who have no voice and cry out for mercy. I gotta say, I love what we get to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I totally agree about yesterday in the prayer room. I felt the same way, I think some things were definitely happening...I mean we know our prayers are always effective, but then there are days when you actually can feel it, like God gives you a greater glimpse, I think that was yesterday. I couldn't believe it when I got in the car and realized I'd been there for almost 2 hours!

Marci Lewellen said...

I love it too! Sorry, I haven't read in a while... for some reason I have a break... well, actually I am just purposely forgetting for a moment that I have other things to do :) I love that you are there doing this!
Blessings!

robin k said...

this is an amazing description of the ministry of prayer!