Monday, October 08, 2007

Playoffs and Break

Well, the Rockies are headed to the NLCS (National League Champtionship Series), a best of 7 series against the Arizona Diamondbacks. If we win that series, then it's off to the World Series for the Colorado team. We swept the Philadelphia Phillies in 3 games, as did the Diamondbacks against the Chicago Cubs. The NLCS promises to be some good baseball. This is perhaps the funnest October of my entire life.

This week is our mid-internship break, during which we have also closed the prayer room, so we are enjoying some much needed R&R. Breaks are always an intersting thing, as the option always exists ~ be productive or do nothing? For someone like me who has a very difficult time sitting still for an extended period of time, the "productive" option usually wins. This is not always a good thing. One of the things in life I am still learning is how I "rest" best; what those things are that I can do that serve not only to provide rest for my body, but also keep my spirit alive in the process. Oh, yeah. And I guess having fun should be included somewhere in there, too.

Too bad for us that the NLCS doesn't start until Friday (New Zealand time), at which point our break is almost over. If anyone is wondering where I'll be next week, wonder no more.......

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

No comment on the AB's? Is Aaron in mourning?