Sunday, July 13, 2008

Re-visiting a long-lost friend

It's been three months, but today the separation has ended. I went up the mount. Nic was the one who inspired the outing; it was her idea to begin with, and her offer to walk around the beach with Taylor while I was going up. Though admittedly hesitant at first, I eventually agreed to the suggestion, and I'm so glad I did! I had prepared myself for the worst ~ barely being able to get up even at a slow walking pace. But as I put my foot on the first step, I decided to see just how hard-out I could go and just how close I could come to my personal best fitness of 9 months ago. Though I am definitely no longer in my prime, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that my little 30-minute jogs around the neighborhood have, in fact, been paying off, and I was still able to scale the mount in good time ~ even running all the steps, and the last bit of the trail near the top! I'm definitely encouraged to continue my running routine, even though it isn't as good of a workout as the mount. But seeing as how it felt so good to give my legs and lungs an intense workout, I think I should make the mount a once-a-month tradition!

1 comment:

Carrie Ganovski said...

HI!!!! it has been too, too long, and THAT is an understatement! we are all doing well here. i will leave more detail in my future blogs and i will immediately post a couple pics of our cuties. they turn three on friday, the 18th-i can't hardly believe it.
i am so enjoying your blogs, and look forward to us sharing hearts as time and distance have been in between us.
bless you!
carrie