Saturday, July 19, 2008

To love prayer

I love when you leave an intercession prayer meeting more alive on the inside and less weary than you were when you got there. In my experience of prayer, these meetings are normally the exception rather than the rule. I normally find intercession to be more "work" than "refreshing". Whether that is true of all people, or simply a statement of my own depravity, I'm not sure. But the point remains: I love prayer meetings in which a genuine encounter with the living God occurs; in which Holy Spirit impartation happens at the heart level; in which true grace to pray is given. I love when His presence is manifest and when He pulls back the veil ~ even just for a moment ~ to allow us to catch but a glimpse of Heaven's perspective. Even one in a hundred like that is enough to keep me coming back for more.

No comments: