Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Yankee Candles

It's been quite rainy recently. I think I can remember two entire days in probably the last two weeks when it hasn't rained at all. And on cold, rainy winter days, I find nothing makes home feel homey and cozy like burning my Yankee Candles. There's something about the sight of an open flame that deceives my mind into believing that I'm warm; when in all reality, it could be anything but warm inside. I was talking with one of my American friends the other day, and she agreed with me that good candles are really hard to find here in New Zealand. Either there are no good candles, so Kiwis aren't really into them, or Kiwis aren't really into candles, so there are no good ones to be found. I'm not quite sure which it is; but I have a strong hunch that if it's the former, someone would make a killing by starting an "importing and selling Yankee Candles" business. At least all the Americans in the country would buy 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd buy some... last time I was in the US i bought a couple of those little 99c candles... didn't have much luggage space left but they smelt real good.

Without even burning them, they made my entire room smell good for weeks... and I swear, a year later when I dug them out from a box, half used, they still smelt good.

Of course, you pay a million dollars for good candles here... if you can find any!