Saturday, October 11, 2008

I voted today.

And I even have the sticker with the American flag to prove it. One of the funny things about voting on an absentee ballot is that it must arrive to the election board office by 7pm on Nov. 4th. Which means that I vote before the rest of the country does. Kinda fun, if I do say so myself. I love that I still get to vote and exercise one of the great freedoms of our country, even though I live miles and miles away.

And the strange thing about this election year is that I actually get to vote in two countries. New Zealand allows permanent residents to vote. (Actually, registering to vote is required by law here, though actually voting itself is not). So, on November 8th, I get to vote again here. It's kinda strange voting in a country not my own, but it's also kinda fun all at the same time, to have a voice in not only one, but two countries.

No comments: