Thursday, October 30, 2008

To Enjoy Running

I can't believe I'm actually admitting this; writing this; putting this into print. But both today and Tuesday I have (just about, almost) truly enjoyed my jog through the neighborhood. I have always had a love-hate relationship with excercise. Actually, that's not entirely true. I've mostly hated exercise. Until I discovered the mount. Then the love-hate relationship developed. When my mount days ended, I settled for jogging through the neighborhood, which was fine for a while, but the past several months I have have found it quite difficult, boring, and a necessary evil. But for some reason, my last two jogs this week have been acutally borderline enjoyable, and have finished feeling energized, loving life, and on top of the world. Now, I know much better than to declare boldly that this will be the case from now on, but for as long as this fortunate turn of events continues, I'm not complainin'.

No comments: