Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Tragedy of Monumental Proportions

Okay, I admit. I'm a bit of a drama queen. It's not quite that bad. But nearly. Countdown no longer sells frozen cranberries. So unless New World comes to the rescue (which honestly I don't have much hope for that happening), our Thanksgiving this year will for the first time ever, be without homemade cranberry-orange relish. And cranberry muffins, cranberry bread, and cranberry up-side down coffee cake will forever be things of the past as long as we reside in New Zealand. *Sigh* I suppose on the positive side, we can still get the jarred Ocean Spray whole berry cranberry sauce, so at least there will be a cranberry contribution to the Thanksgiving table. But it's not quite the same.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I asked the nice guy at Countdown about it last night and he said that they should have them and he would ask the frozen foods lady today about them. I will find them! Nic

Esther Irwin said...

I got some at the vege shop; do you have a Fruit World there?

Kristi Walsh said...

No, we don't! At least, I don't think we do. :-(
Are yours fresh or frozen?

Might have to stock up next time I'm in Auckland!! :-)

Esther Irwin said...

frozen. I need to visit Tauranga...maybe a road trip is in order before Thanksgiving!!!!