Friday, August 18, 2006

More ramblings....

I've just come home from teaching class this evening. I really enjoy doing Friday nights. It's great for me to have another time in the week with the interns, and also a great chance for me to explore this whole 'teaching' thing. The best (and hardest) thing about doing Friday nights is the hours of preparation. It's a challenge, but also really good, because it forces me to stay diligent in my own study. Tonight I taught "The philosophy and values of the (harp and bowl) prayer model, part 1". I'll continue part two on class Tuesday afternoon and part 3 Wednesday afternoon. Hmmm.....lots of teaching next week.....

This past week has been fun. We've really enjoyed having Josh and Misty staying with us - it's been good to catch up with friends and enjoy many games of cribbage! It was awesome having Andy here, too. Unfortunately Bek and Abigail weren't able to come this time.....just a good excuse for them to come back again sometime soon as the whole family.

This afternoon I went to the dentist and got my teeth cleaned for the first time in, oh, about 7 years. The good news is that I had no cavities......I guess the fact that I love to brush my teeth has paid off. Thanks so much, Sue!

And with that, I'm off......to lie on the couch and read a couple of cooking magazines that I've been given before it's time to head off to bed......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTI FOR THE 19TH. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER SISTER IN LAW. YOU ROCK.