Saturday, August 05, 2006

Week Off

This has been the most wonderful, needed break we've had in a long time. Actually, I think it would be safe to say that this is the most "down-time" I've had since we started packing to leave KC. Yes, we have had other "mini vacations" since now and then, and even a full week off at Easter, but this is the first time I've really been able to unwind - mentally, emotionally, and physically - since, say, last August. And boy, does it sure feel good!

Taylor was sick for the start of the week, but is now feeling much better and is back to her usual self. We've had a fun week, spending lots of time together, since neither Aaron nor I have to go to the prayer room. Taylor has been a big help for Mommy in the kitchen this week, helping me make muffins, homemade tortillas, apple crumble, granola, and a handful of other yummy things.



Taylor has also been a helper keeping up on the gardening this week. We'll know she's really being a helper when she's able to movitate me to actually do some gardening. Although - to give myself a bit of credit - I did plant some cilantro in the herb garden yesterday. Now we'll just have to see how long it survives.

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

We were just watching some video from 1993-94 and it was a hoot to see Samantha about the same age as Taylor. They are so fun at that age (at every age, but especially around 2-3). Enjoy her whilst you can.

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »