Monday, August 28, 2006

Putting it all in perspective

Today we sent away the application for Taylor's citizenship by descent, and I am well underway with my process for becoming a permanent resident. It's kinda weird to think that soon I'll (hopefully) be able to live indefinitely in a country not my own. I went to see the doctor (who is a good friend of ours) today to get my medical forms filled in, and he reminded me that this process truly is part of my inheritance in God; part of my destiny. When he said that, something leaped up on the inside of me; they were truly life-giving words that were a timely reminder that this whole thing is so much bigger than me; that this has been part of God's plan for my life before I even dreamed of it. I once again feel safe in the sovereignty of God.

No comments: