Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mother-Daughter Date: Girl's Night In

Aaron had a meeting this evening and Nic went away for the weekend, so Taylor and I took advantage of our night at home alone. It was a rainy evening, and after a long week, I was quite a tired mommy. Tonight was the perfect night to enjoy cuddles and a movie. I saw on the TV listings that there was a Winnie-the-Pooh movie on from 7pm-8pm - perfect! So we had an early dinner, an early bath, and PJs on by 6:30. Then Taylor helped me make popcorn (not the microwave stuff - the real stuff in the pot)...and then we settled down under the blankets with our popcorn and cups of apple juice, ready to enjoy the adventures of Winnie-the-Pooh and the Heffalumps....complete with lots of cuddles. I'm not sure who needed the quality time more - Taylor or I. Due to my busy teaching schedule this week, I was gone a lot more than normal, and I could tell that Taylor was missing her mommy. Likewise, I was missing my little princess. I think it would be safe to say that we both enjoyed our evening together. This is the stuff that being a mom is made of.