Thursday, August 10, 2006

Ramblings and random happenings from my day

Today was my day to go into the prayer room for the morning. I enjoyed some great study time - I'm preparing notes to teach about the harp and bowl prayer model to this new group of interns. I'm planning on teaching it totally differently than I did last internship, soI'm really excited to give it a go and see how it works this time. It was great to sit in the prayer room and enjoy an awesome devo while having some great study time....it had been a while and was much-needed! I also lead the 10am devo, which was also much-needed for my heart. It was one of those worship sets where there was an 'open door' into the heavens from the very beginning; no striving, no 'hitting the ceiling', and boy, was it fun! I only wish worship sets like that were more common for me.

We had class this afternoon at our house, and wrapped up with each of the interns sharing their stories. Sue Cole also came and shared her story and some stuff that has been on her heart; we really enjoyed having her there!

Tomorrow is my "home" day - promising to be a bit slower-paced than today. I love my schedule and the opportunity I have in this season to be a mom, and also to be involved in ministry. It really is such a great balance - after my "prayer room day", I'm so ready for a "home day", and after my "home days", I'm so ready for a "prayer room day". How wise and kind of the Lord to put us in this sort of situation with this sort of flexible schedule. I'm so grateful!