Monday, August 21, 2006

My Day in a Nutshell

Things I did today:
1. Went to the beach with Taylor and Ann and Christine
2. Tried unsuccessfully to prepare notes for class this week after Taylor was awakened by the man doing the lawns....30 minutes into her nap.
3. Made chocolate chip cheesecake bars with a chocolate-chip-cookie crust. Don't know how they turned out yet. They'll be ready to eat in a couple hours.

Things I learned today:
1. I like the beach in the winter
2. The beach is theraputic for the soul
3. I don't go often enough
4. The sovereignty of God really does fascinate my heart, when I allow myself time and space to meditate on Him.

It was almost 3 years ago to the day when Aaron and I stopped here in Mt. Maunganui for the weekend, walked along the very same beach that I walked on today, and had our momentous conversation about maybe moving to New Zealand someday. This was way before we knew anyone here or had any hint of a house of prayer starting here; we simply chose this place to come to on holiday for the weekend 'cuz Aaron remembered it being a nice place. Every time I remember that story, I stand in awe of the sovereignty of God over our lives. He is so faithful to speak, even when we don't have a clue He is speaking. And seriously, this is an incredible place to live. I can't believe that I really call this place home and that this beach is only a 10 minute drive from where we live.

1 comment:

Esther Irwin said...

And we are really glad you came.