Wednesday, September 20, 2006

7 Years Ago Today

September 19, 1999. Seven years ago today, I stood with a company of people in a small room of an old trailer, witnessing the beginning of a prayer meeting that is still continuing today. I was 19 years old, had just moved to Kansas City, and my heart was just beginning to be stirred by the call to live a life of prayer and fasting. I knew that I would be involved with the House of Prayer on a regular, consistent basis, and so I found myself at the dedication service. What I didn't know was what sort of journey that marked the beginning of. I didn't know that my heart was about to be completely 'ambushed', turned up-side-down, and my concepts of God completely turned around. I didn't know that my paradigms of God and Christianity were about to be re-written and completely shifted. I didn't know that I was about to fall in love, firstly with Jesus, secondly with the man I would eventually marry. I didn't know that both he and my future in-laws were in that room at that very same dedication service. I didn't know that I would be living in Kansas City for the next 7 years, that I would be married there and buy a house there and that our daughter would be born there. I didn't know that saying yes to a life of sincere devotion, prayer and fasting, and wholehearted pursuit of the man Jesus would change my life and cost everything. I didn't know that 7 years later, I would find myself living in a foreign country, giving leadership to the establishment of a house of prayer. My life would never again look the same. What I did know was that I was smack-dab in the middle of sovereignty. And yes, it was worth it all.

No comments: