Saturday, September 02, 2006

Highs and Lows

It was a sad day for my computer today. I brought my laptop to the prayer room, brought it home, and by the time I had finished checking my email, I realized that one of the hinges on the screen had broken. I'm still not sure how this happened - I didn't drop it or drop anything on it.....but the thing sure is broken. Fortunately, it's still functional, but just doesn't open or close properly.

The good news is that since I'm going home this week and it's still under warrenty, I might be able to have it fixed or replaced......if they believe me that I didn't drop it!

On a much better note, the prayer room was awesome this morning. The intercession prayer meeting we had was perhaps the best one we'd had since the house of prayer started 7 months ago. Everyone in the room was engaged the whole time (all 4 of them!), the worship team was flowing so well together, and there was a definite prophetic anointing on the singers and musicians. It was one of those prayer meetings after which I felt refreshed, not totally drained. The Holy Spirit sure helped us on that one. Hopefully there will be many more of those in the weeks and months to follow.

Speaking of the weeks to follow, I'm getting so excited about Taylor's and my trip back to the States. I can't wait to be in America again, to see family and friends, to eat American food, to sit in the prayer room, and to go shopping!! I'm not looking forward to the flight, but there's no getting around that; it has to be done. The fun thing is that Sabrina is meeting us in LA to fly back with us and give me some help with Taylor on those last two flights - often the hardest ones, after the big long 12 hour flight. I can't believe we only have a few more days before we leave!

2 comments:

Esther Irwin said...

Have fun in the States, Kristi!! It will be interesting how you view everything now that you have been away for awhile.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I'm so excited you are going to have a trip home!! We just got our tickets to go home for Christmas and I can't wait!!!! I haven't been for Christmas in 3 years!! I love reading your blog, you are my blogging hero, so faithful...I seem to average about twice a month...I'm trying though. I'm glad that things are going so well for you guys. I just got the email about the HOP summit in november and am thinking I'd really like to try to make it up there! Taylor is adorable! Love the pigtails!! Bless you heaps my friend.