Sunday, September 24, 2006

Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My....

Today we went to the zoo with Scotty and Hannah and the boys. Taylor has been asking to go to the zoo for months, and since there's no zoo near us in NZ, it was really a special treat to be able to go here. She loved all the animals - and we sure did see lots. Then we hit up a great Vietnamese restaurant for dinner, which was really yummy. What a great day!

I can't believe that we only have a few more days left here in KC.....our time here has been wonderful, and I'm admittedly not ready to leave. The challenge now is still enjoying every minute w/o the reality of going soon casting a shadow over the good times yet to come here. And we sure do have lots of things we'd still like to do in these next few days.....a trip tomorrow to Deanna Rose Farmstead with the Walsh family, shopping, and several friends still to connect with...all before Thursday. I'm not yet quite sure how it will all fit, but such is the nature of life. I probably could have spent a month here and it still wouldn't have been long enough; you just can't do everything. I'm just grateful we've had as long as we have here.....it really has been special.

4 comments:

Isabel Betts said...

Hi Kristi!
I have enjoyed reading your blog since you've arrived in the US! Sounds like it's been a really wonderful time! I can totally relate to what you're saying here - about the shadow on the fun when you know you only have a few days left... NOT easy...
I have been praying for you and will continue to do so especially now that the good-byes are coming nearer.
And - I know this won't help much - but maybe a little - we're REALLY looking forward to having you back here in NZ again!!!
Much love from Isabel - and Kylie:)

Anonymous said...

Kristi, We talked to Grampa the other day, and he said you write so well, that you should write a book! We love your blog. Thanks!
xo,Joanie and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi!
So I finally figured out this blog thing and I love it. I am going to start one. You probally know this already but you are really good writer. I think you could totally write a book!
It sounds like you have had a great time in the USA. What can I say but I understand the divergent pulls going on inside of you. The joys and pains of visiting and leaving. I'll be praying for you. Sister, enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy..and could you eat at the Cheescake Factory one more time for me!
Much Love - Misty Cole

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you guys. Especially hearing Aaron tell stories on stage durring the anniversary celebration. I hope the rest of your stay goes great.