Sunday, September 10, 2006

Traveling Ramblings

My time here in the States so far can best be described as a dream come true; so many of the things that I was wishing for and longing for these last 9 months, now being lived in reality.

Yesterday (after bringing my computer to Best Buy to be fixed), I spent the afternoon with Larisa and had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, eating outside on the plaza. It was so awesome to spend time with her and to enjoy some of the Kansas City sights. I also got to see both Linda and Deborah briefly yesterday - not long enough to have a "real" conversation, but long enough to remember how much I love them and to make me really look forward to having some good time with both of them, as well as with others.

Taylor had lots of fun with Nana and Granddad yesterday....running around (or rather, making them run around after her), playing with toys, reading books, laughing, and being silly. It was so fun to see them enjoying each other, but also painful at the same time, realizing how much they're missing out on.

Today we left KC to come to CT to visit my parents. I was dreading the plane ride, after just clocking in so many hours in the skies recently - especially for Taylor's sake. But it was such an easy day! Taylor was an angel on both planes - sleeping for the whole 2 hour flight the first time, and playing (and eating!) happily on the second. I genuinely enjoyed her company, and we really had lots of fun together. She (and I) arrived in CT in good spirits, and enjoyed a nice little trip to the park on our way home from the airport with Dad and Joanie.

It's great to be in CT....nothing like coming back to your hometown and being with family. It's so good for the soul. Tomorrow is church.....and hopefully tonight I can fall asleep before 1am. That would be a plus!

4 comments:

Kelsey Bohlender said...

Wish I could've seen you too! Look forward to it when you get back here.

Anonymous said...

We miss you and Taylor! the house is too quiet and their is no sweet aroma of your daily meals.... what is happening with your computer? And I miss the constant "what suppose why??"

Kristi Walsh said...

I wish I could have, too, Kels! If only there was more time in a day.....I didn't even get to IHOP! But oh, I can't wait to see you when I get back! :-)

Kristi Walsh said...

the computer is still under warrenty....but normally takes 2-4 weeks to be fixed. we have to pray they get it done before we leave! taylor misses you tons....always talks about you and asks for you! :-)